When we first named KOKOMO we were proud of our new logo on the hull, but soon noticed it was definitely in need of some super-sizing and so we finally ordered something a little bigger.
in addition the stickers available here in the Maldives do not come with a ‘top layer’ which would ensure that the letters remains their size when placing them on the hull.
after a lot of intent research we decided that the best way to proceed would be to use some window cleaner and water mix to keep the hull slippery while placing the letters. Even with this it was not an easy feat to keep the letters in line and from sticking to each other. if you look closely at the pictures the logo is one entire piece rather than separate letters. once one section was in place we tried to remove all bubbles and then fix the section with masking tape. with a towel, the soapy water was removed and after only about 30 minutes the sticker was pretty much fixed in place.
However, similar to so many other little projects, what we expected to only take an hour, ended up occupying 4 of us for more than 4 hours. but in the end, it was all worth it! here a few pictures from the progress.